Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Spiced Lamb Kebabs

Yield: 4 servings * Overall Price: ~$12 * Calories: 187

Ingredients:
Served here with mushrooms and tomatoes
1 1/4 cups plain fat-free Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
1 garlic clove, minced
1 pound boneless leg of lamb, trimmed

Directions:
Combine yogurt, cumin, paprika, and garlic in a bowl. Cut lamb into 24 (1-inch) cubes; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Combine lamb and 1/2 cup yogurt mixture in a zip-top plastic bag (refrigerate the remaining yogurt mixture); seal and marinate in refrigerate at least 1 hour. Remove lamb, and discard marinade. Thread 3 lamb pieces onto each of 8 (10-inch) skewers. Heat grill pan over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray. Arrange 4 skewers on pan; cook for 7 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning frequently. Remove from the pan. Repeat with remaining skewers. Serve with remaining yogurt mixture.

Thoughts:
I've always wanted to try a lamb recipe and I chose this one on a whim after getting frustrated trying to pick my 2 recipes for the week (I make 2 meals, my mom makes 2, my dad makes 1, Andrew makes 1, and we go out one night). I'm really glad this was the one in front of me because it was delicious! I don't have a grill pan, so I used a regular, large skillet. This was a little bit obnoxious, but it worked and I just had to cook it a little bit longer. I wanted vegetables on my kebabs, so I chose mushrooms and grape tomatoes. I'm sure you could choose just about any though.

No comments:

Post a Comment