Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Peanut Butter Cookies

Yield: ~50 cookies * Overall Price: ~$10

Ingredients:
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 eggs
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup chunky peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cream butter and sugar until smooth, add peanut butter and blend, add eggs and vanilla and blend until smooth. Add dry ingredients one half at a time, mixing well after each addition.
3. Scoop out small balls of dough size of walnut and place on cookie sheet. Use back of fork and press dough flat.
4. Bake 7 or 8 minutes.

Thoughts:
For my birthday, my grandmom gave me a recipe book filled some of her favorite recipes. Ever since then, I've been really wanting to try out a recipe. I decided to go with this one. I added my own twist though and mixed in some Reese's pieces before baking. It turned out pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment