Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Joe's Cheese Boat

When football season started this year, my parents and I decided to switch hosting watching the Broncos at our houses. I happened to get our Monday night game against the Houston Texans. We were coming off a two weekends in a row losing streak, so we needed a win. The Broncos did win and so did this dish!

I've had (Uncle) Joe's Cheese Boat several times growing up, but had never made it myself. I thought that watching a football game was the perfect time to make it! It was pretty easy and delicious! The only thing that took a while was the prep work. There's a lot of chopping and dicing that goes into this yummy dip! Never fear though! I have a handy dandy chopper. Mine is from Princess House and one of my favorite gadgets in the kitchen. I use it all the time! Here are a couple similar ones at Bed Bath and Beyond and Target. My chopper has two different dicing sizes. I used the bigger one for the green pepper and onion and the smaller one for the jalapenos. Since everything was going to be mixed together anyway, I let the chopper store it all until I was ready for it. It saves me lots of time and annoyance!


Matt missed out since he was working, but my parents and I enjoyed it. I will definitely be making this again and maybe one day I'll be able to make it as good as my Uncle Joe!

Joe's Cheese Boat

Ingredients:
1 large loaf French or Italian bread
1 large package scoop Fritoes
2 eight ounce packs cream cheese (softened)
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1 medium to large tomato, diced
1 medium onion, chopped
2 three ounce pkgs thin sliced corn beef
3 to 5 jalapeno peppers, diced and/or several drops of hot sauce to taste

Directions:
Hollow out the loaf of bread. Mix all ingredients from the cream cheese down. Place in hollowed out loaf and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. If not hot enough cover and bake a few minutes longer. Serve with bread cubes and Fritoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment