Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Morning Glory Muffins

Saturday, October 1st was Magic Kingdom's 45th anniversary! We celebrated the milestone by heading to Magic Kingdom to ride/eat everything that was there opening day (and still is there). We wanted to get there early to see the presentation and of course to get started on those rides! Since we would be getting up early, I made these the night before so we could chow them down on our way over. 

According to the cookbook, Mommom got this recipe from a
magazine and loved it. We loved it too! They were super easy and delicious! I'll definitely be making these again! I didn't have any raisins, but I had craisins so I used those instead. Matt prefers them anyway. I'm not sure what was going on in my head, but I was unaware that I didn't have any baking soda. It was already pretty late when I started baking, so I looked up a substitution since I was pretty sure I could use baking powder instead. I just wasn't sure how much. For future reference, it's a 3:1 ratio. I used 6 teaspoons of baking powder instead of the 2 teaspoons of baking soda. Despite thinking that I had just made a terrible mistake, they turned out perfectly!

Morning Glory Muffins
Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
2 t. baking soda
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. salt
2 cups grated carrots
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 (8oz) can crushed pineapple, drained
1 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 t. vanilla extract

Directions:
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in carrots and next 4 ingredients. Make a well in center of mixture. Combine vegetable oil and remaining ingredients; add flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. Place paper baking cups in muffin pans. Spoon batter into paper cups, filling two-thirds full; bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan immediately. Yield 18.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good but not on my list of allowable foods. Flour, sugar--yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These minus the coconut sound sooo good!

    ReplyDelete