Thursday, May 29, 2014

Olaf Cake Pops

One of my friends is a Kindergarten teacher and for the end of the school year she wanted to give the kids a treat. She asked me if I thought I could make Olaf (from Disney's Frozen) cake pops. After thinking on it, I thought it was possible and went to try it. He wasn't the easiest design I've ever made, but I think he turned out adorable. 
She wanted chocolate cake with vanilla frosting. Usually having chocolate cake and needing a white candy coating is a bad combination because the brown color shows through the white, but it worked out this time. The coating was white almond bark. The nose was an orange tic-tac. The hair was chopped/sliced black licorice. His eyebrows were black sprinkles. His eyes were bought pre-made (I got those at Walmart). I made his mouth with black cookie icing and stuck pearl sprinkles on for his teeth. 
Her class loved the way he looked and thought he tasted yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment