Thursday, May 19, 2011

Goodbye Auburn!

While in Auburn I fell in love with a lot of the food that was special only to Auburn. I decided I would share some of my favorite food and restaurants there.

Barbecue House










Barbecue House is one of the stops you must take if you're ever there. Not for lunch or dinner, but for breakfast. It rivals for best breakfast ever. I usually order a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit, but really anything is delicious.

Chicken Salad Chick














Chicken Salad Chick was new to Auburn when I first moved there and quickly became popular among the students and the locals. My favorite thing to order is the buffalo barclay chicken salad on a crescent. You definitely don't want to leave the restaurant without trying their grape salad. It is heaven on earth.

Veggies To Go















Veggies to go is the place to go if you're wanting a southern style meal fast. There is no way I could pick a favorite combination of food there. I will say that I love their meatloaf, but other than that I mix up what veggies I want on the side.

Big Blue Bagel














Big Blue Bagel has branched out from Auburn, but it is one of my favorite places to go to for lunch. I have moved from favorite meals there several times through the years I lived in Auburn. My latest favorite and what is pictured above is the California on an everything bagel. It has cream cheese, cucumbers, tomatoes, and brussel sprouts.

Momma Goldberg's Deli










Momma G's is the perfect place for lunch, dinner, or a really late night meal. It is defiantly the place every Auburn student has gone on a monthly bases if not a weekly basis. I usually order a momma's love all the way with nachos (doritos, melted pepper jack cheese, and jalapenos).

Amsterdam












Amsterdam is one of the more expensive restaurants in Auburn, but it is totally worth it. My favorites there are their cobb salad and their turkey wraps. One of their specialties is sweet potato chips. Them dipped in honey mustard dressing is soooooo good!

Fuji's


















Fuji is known for their sushi. They have the best in Auburn. I liked to mix it up when I went there, but most of the time with a ginger salad and either a california roll or a kasakami roll unless I was feeling adventurous.

Zazu














While Zazu has great entrees, their dessert is the best thing on the menu. If you ever go there you must order a s'mores waffle. It is one of the best tasting desserts around!

No comments:

Post a Comment