Saturday, January 15, 2011

Roasted Tilapia, Tomatoes, & Garlic

Since Kelsey and Paige left me in Auburn all by myself this weekend, I decided to try a fish dish. Hardly anyone here likes fish, so I decided I'd try it when I was just cooking for myself (even though I don't really like fish...I decided to give it another shot). I'm giving the recipe that I found in Women's Day Specials - Eating Light magazine, but I only made one serving.
Served here with sliced french bread
Yield: 4 servings * Overall Price (just for me): ~ $10 * Calories: 373

Ingredients:
2 pints grape tomatoes
8 cloves garlic, smashed
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
4 6-oz tilapia fillets
1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon capers, roughly chopped

Directions:
1. Heat oven too 400*F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the tomatoes, garlic, 1 tbsp of the oil, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Roast for 6 minutes.
2. Nestle the fish among the tomatoes, drizzle the remaining tbsp oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast until the fish is opaque throughout and the tomatoes have begun to burst, 12 to 15 minutes.
3. Transfer the fish to plates. Sprinkle the tomatoes with parsley and capers, and toss to combine. Serve with the fish.

Thoughts:
Well, I liked this fish. I was really worried, but it turns out to be pretty good. I'd make it again.

2 comments:

  1. I tried garlic cloves for the first time making this dish. Very yummy! Thanks Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked it! Thanks for trying! :)

    ReplyDelete